Saturday, July 10, 2010

Praying Away the Gay: The Air Force Response

A while back, I requested copies of "all Air Force policies regarding therapy, reparative therapy, or reorientation therapy or any other method of "curing" or "converting" gays and lesbians (i.e. make them heterosexual) in relation to the issuing and holding of security clearances and the Don't Ask Don't Tell Policy."

I was curious to how the Air Force handle gays and lesbians who went off and prayed away the gay like Ted Haggard has done.

I recently received a response. I learned that the Air Force Central Adjudication Facility conducted a comprehensive search for responsive records, but none was found. Thus I received a "no records" determination is made. Interesting. Either the Air Force has never encountered "cured gays" or has yet to formulate a policy on handling them.

No comments:

Post a Comment